[Avodah] shelo assani boor.

Richard Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Oct 30 06:48:13 PDT 2022

Near the end of Brachos 64-65 it mentions 3 of the b’rochos said at the beginning of shacharis:

1) shelo assani goy
2) shelo assani boor
3) shelo assani isha

So the question was asked why do we no longer make the shelo assani boor? The answer is because we are all boorim (unintelligent dolts).
That’s a pretty harsh explanation which I’m sure many find it hard to buy.
So the boor b’racha was replaced with shelo assani a-ved.

The other interesting teaching in the same b’lat is that we should pray for the goyim that they do teshuva.