[Avodah] The Mishna on Daf so-and-so

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Oct 7 09:46:36 PDT 2022

On Tue, Oct 04, 2022 at 05:28:09PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> At the moment, I'm listening to a recorded shiur, in which the speaker
> says, and these are his exact words, "There's a mishna in Yuma daf peh heh
> amud beis."

I am guessing it's stam easier, because the person doing the citation
saw the mishnah last while learning gemara. Why take out a second book?

But... Isn't there more consistency if you cite by Vilna / Romm daf rather
than by mishnah number? Often different editions divide the mishnayos of
a pereq differently. (Aside from Sanhedrin peraqim 10 & 11 <grin>.)

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger                 Imagine waking up tomorrow
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   with only the things
Author: Widen Your Tent      we thanked Hashem for today!
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF