[Avodah] Something to Think About Before Yom Kippur

Joel Rich joelirarich at mail.gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:14:22 PDT 2022

    "In truth, however, it is to God alone that man is to feel
    Subservient. The Toran teaches us, for example, to love and cherish
    our children. At the same time, the story of the Akeidah demonstrates
    that parental love is not an absolute value. Whether it be family,
    friends, the government- we must not pledge absolute loyalty to any
    of them. It is prohibited to subjugate oneself to any power of cause
    other than the Master of the universe." (On Repentance, p. 142 )

KVCT
Joel Rich