[Avodah] What does tzara'as mean?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Sep 20 09:47:47 PDT 2022

AhSY for this coming Thu will include OC 544:2, halakhos of what sheluchei
beis din may do on Ch"M specifically because the acts address tzarkhei
rabbim. The list is quoting the Yerushalmi, either Sheqalim 3a or MQ 3a
(in Ridbaz ed. dafim).

Here's what struck me, two adjactent entries:
    rotz'in eved Ivri
    umetaharim es hametzorah (um*i*taharim...? -- Sepharia has a sheva)

Both use a shoresh of /reish-tzadi-ayin/. I am thinking that Chazal stuck
the two together because they heard a connection in meaning between piercing
the ear and tzara'as.

Anything there? What do you think?

Micha Berger                 Integrity is choosing to practice our values
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   rather than simply professing them.
Author: Widen Your Tent                  - Brene Brown
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF