[Avodah] 10th vs. 10th

Danny Schoemann doniels at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 01:07:12 PDT 2022

RMB:
> It struck me that there is a fundamental difference
> between maaser of crops and of animals.

Other differences:
-  Maaser of crops is given to a Levi. Maaser of animal remains the
property of the owner who brings it as a korban (with no gifts to the
Cohen, minimal offerings (Cheilev & blood)  on the Mizbe'ach), unless
it's blemished in which case the owner eats it.

-  Until you separate maaser of crops the produce is Tevel, no status
change before/after separating maaser of animal.

Also wondering what it means.

- Danny