[Avodah] Rabbis uphold woman's divorce, but deem her ex still married

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Apr 7 12:21:51 PDT 2022

On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 12:56:46PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> Normally, and in this case too, I am very hesitant to believe that the
> press got all their facts straight. But even if it did not happen exactly
> as reported, I imagine that it *might* have happened that way, and
> therefore could provide an interesting case for discussion here, if anyone
> wants to.

I don't understand the case well enough, nor trust that newspapers
would, to know whether we are talking about "palginan dibura" or "shavia
anafsheih chatikhah de'issura".

Maybe they don't even partially accept his taanah, and just let him
stand in the issur he is claming for himself.

As I said, I can't tell from the reporting.