[Avodah] Maharsha - YeGiAh KaPeCha Ki Tov - The Superior System by which to Serve HKBH

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed May 18 16:28:13 PDT 2022

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 05:03:14PM +1000, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
> We all take risks. Even getting in the car for a drive to the shops or
> walking along the street carries some risk. So risks fall into a spectrum
> and we all choose the level of risk we consider acceptable or not...

Commonly accepted risks are mutar because shomer pesa'im Hashem.

These things have a sociological aspect, not only a statistical one. An
unlikely event that most people try to avoid anyway is a more problematic
risk than something that happens less often but became an accepted part
of the general riskiness of living.