[Avodah] Is it permissible to make a wedding on Lag B?Omer at night?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed May 18 13:47:44 PDT 2022

On 18/5/22 14:41, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> It is quite difficult to justify Sepharadim or East Europeans who daven
> Ashkenaz (as opposed to Chassidish "Sfard" or Nusach Ari) attending Lag
> baOmer bonfires with music, etc... Seems to be a break from minhag that
> only hit the "Litvishe" yeshivos in the past couple of decades.

It's my impression that the whole phenomenon of bonfires in chu"l really
only caught on in the 5740s.  Traditionally it was only in Meron, I
don't know when it spread to the rest of EY, but I don't think it was a
significant thing in chu"l before 40 years ago.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing you a healthy season appropriate
zev at sero.name       to your hemisphere