[Avodah] Discovered text

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Mar 9 06:50:56 PST 2022

On 9/3/22 03:56, Joel Rich via Avodah wrote:
> How do those who propound the theory that texts recently discovered were
> kept out of the main stream by god’s will, understand why did he allow
> us to find them now? As a test or as a hint that now is the time to
> incorporate them or something else?

It seems to me that if one holds there is some magic date at which
halacha is frozen, then it would make sense that Hashem would suppress
those texts that He didn't want us to follow before that date, and then
release them later because Torah Hi Velilmod Ani Tzarich.  We need to
know what these chachamim taught, but they shouldn't influence our
practice, so once we froze our practice it was safe to release them.

Of course that is only if one actually accepts this whole premise.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone health, wealth, and
zev at sero.name       happiness in 2022