[Avodah] [Areivim] What is the proper procedure for putting on shoes?

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 06:24:03 PST 2022

R'Micha in Avodah V40n13:
> But to answer as to what to actually do (assuming you aren't from an Edah
that favors the Rambam over these sources), they add that for an itur
yad, our left hand is our "yemin". So, you put on the shoe on your more
coordinated side first, but tie the other shoe first (if it needs tying).

Or: you put on the shoe on the side that does more mitzvos first, and
you tie the one on the side where you tie your tefillin first (if you
are male or if otherwise were to wear tefillin). <
Last week, RPMTeitz z'l' was quoted (by a magid shiur in Elizabeth, NJ) as
using one's feet to determine which side was "stronger": when you kick a
ball, which foot do you prefer kicking with?

--Michael via phone