[Avodah] The Difference Between Davening and Learning

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 7 07:53:03 PDT 2021

At 12:39 PM 10/6/2021, Micha Berger wrote:
>Related:
>RYBS described the siddur as a project that was begun by Anshei Keneses
>haGdolah because as we lost nevu'ah, we needed a new way to maintain the
>dialog with the Almighty.

Was he implying that people did not daven when there was nevu'ah?  If
so, then I do not think that this is correct.  After all, weren't
Shachris, Mincha, and Maariv established by the Avos?  Weren't the
first 3 brachos of bentching establish while there was still
nevu'ah?  Didn't Dovid compose a lot of Tehillim?  Weren't Torah
brochos established from the time the Torah was given.

All of these and more are dialog with HaShem.

My impression is that the Anshei Keneses ha'Gdolah formalized some
things, but did not create something new.

YL