[Avodah] May I put challah into a bowl of hot soup on Shabbos?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Oct 27 11:34:56 PDT 2021

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 02:30:59PM +0000, Prof. L. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> From today's OU Kosher Halacha Yomis

> Q. May I put challah into a bowl of hot soup on Shabbos?

Today's AhS Yomi deals with this question. But I was a day ahead, which
meant that just a few minutes before I saw this post on the moderation
queue, I learned OC 318:24-25. Clear siyata diShmaya, I just don't know
what Shamayim is helping me with.

Everything in the article is in those se'ifim of the AhS, and then some.
Thought people may appreciate the mar'eh maqom to a primary source.

Micha Berger                 I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   I awoke and found that life was duty.
Author: Widen Your Tent      I worked and, behold -- duty is joy.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                      - Rabindranath Tagore