[Avodah] bechira?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Sep 1 11:40:31 PDT 2021

On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 12:39:13AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
> Bava Batra 164b quotes R'Sheshet as saying there are three sins "ein
> adam nitzol mehen bchol yom." Sounds like free will can't overcome?

I think R Amram is quoting Rav is saying that for most of us, situations
arise daily where it would be beyond the nequdas habechirah for us to
avoid hirhurei aveira, sliding through davening without thinking or
saying LH.

R Dessler to the rescue.

Micha Berger                 Strength does not come from winning. Your
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   struggles develop your strength When you go
Author: Widen Your Tent      through hardship and decide not to surrender,
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    that is strength.        - Arnold Schwarzenegger