[Avodah] OU Mini Seedless Cucumbers

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:48:55 PDT 2021

.
I wrote:
> ... plain old milk. Do you need to worry about the vitamins and other
> additives? No, you don't need to, but you can worry if you want to.

R' Isaac Balbin responded:
> That is incorrect. As soon as milk has additives then those additives
> must be checked. I do not know the basis for a contrary view.

The basis is bitul. Look in just about any guide to kashrus on Pesach. They
all say that if you can't get milk that has a hechsher for Pesach, then any
store-bought milk is fine as long as it is purchased before Pesach begins.
It seems to me that if that is the halacha for Pesach, it is certainly okay
the rest of the year.

Akiva Miller