[Avodah] Being M'karev ha Geulah

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Tue Aug 10 12:32:37 PDT 2021

At 02:34 PM 8/10/2021, Brent Kaufman wrote:

>However, I very recently read an academic article that discusses the
>disparity between the traditional Torah calenderical chronology putting
>us at the year 5781 and the standard historical chronology which has an
>additional 165 years, which the Jewish calendar does not account for.
>
>The paper (found here:
><https://www.academia.edu/44403580/The_Case_of_the_Missing_165_Years>)
>is based upon the search for these missing years on a long article, or
>paper, written by R. Shimon Schwab ztz"l, in 1962, iirc, that comes to
>the conclusion that Daniel left out the reigns of the last 10 kings of
>Persian, at the beginning of the return to rebuild the Bh"M and Gemara's
>statement about the end of the minyan hashtaros. (Possibly the period
>of the Anshei Kenesses HaGedola, give or take.) This was done to conceal
>the date of the geula, thus making it actually 5946, only 54 years before
>the end of the sixth millenia, and all that that implies.
>
>Soooooo.... in a way, his derech and teachings put us closer to the
>geulah, in an actual way.

Rav Schwab's article on this topic was republished in his book
Selected Speeches that appeared in 1991 with the title Comparative
Jewish Chronology?  (He added the question mark to the republished
article.)  This later article has an epilogue In which  he raises
questions about his original article that appeared in 1962 in the
Rabbi Dr. Joseph Breuer Jubilee Volume with the title Comparative
Jewish Chronology (no question mark).

YL