[Avodah] Alef-Lamed in a gett

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 18 06:12:34 PDT 2021

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 12:20:50AM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
>> Say someone named Shmuel generally writes his name shin-mem-vav-aleflamed,
>> where the last is that ligature you'll find in some older siddurim.

>> Would that spelling have to appear in any gett he gives?

> I don't think how a person writes his name is relevant.  Shemu'el has a
> fixed spelling, and if he misspells it that's his problem...

You are assuming gett only requires "hamechuneh" to list other things a
person is called acoustically.

I was wondering about other spellings and such the person would use.

Of course, then I realized I never saw discussion of writing a la'az name
in la'az, so I was headed off course.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger                 "The worst thing that can happen to a
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   person is to remain asleep and untamed."
Author: Widen Your Tent             - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF