[Avodah] Dating of bo bayom

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Jun 22 19:51:31 PDT 2021

On 22/6/21 8:14 am, Ben Bradley via Avodah wrote:

> This dating has ramifications for the other famous maaseh of that time,
> the seder in Bnei Brak, with largely the same protaganists. Which people
> also date as straight after the churban, also incorrectly I think, for
> the same reasons I'll show.

The date I've heard suggested (probably on this forum) for that seder
is 97, during Nerva's short-lived reign.  The idea was that these were
the same delegation who traveled to Rome to try to establish better
relations with the new emperor; the story of them on the ship was on
the way back, and when they landed at Yaffo Rabban Gamliel hurried to
Yerushalayim, but Rabbi Akiva invited the rest to spend yomtov with him,
since he lived the closest.

If this theory is true then had they flown they would have landed at Lod
and spent Pesach with R Eliezer instead.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a healthy summer
zev at sero.name