[Avodah] Where on the Mount of Olives would the Para Aduma be prepared?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun May 23 12:04:52 PDT 2021

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 12:22:36AM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> But there is no din that you must eat kodshim from where you can see the
> mikdash.  Kodoshim kalim can be eaten throughout Machane Yisrael. Both in
> the Midbar and in Yerushalayim you could not see the mikdash from most of
> Machane Yisrael....

Because Yerushalahim *was* the Miqdash. As per the language of the
Mishnah. (Or Arabic -- al-Quds.) You can spend heqdesh money on city
maintenance. You can't reverse that back to Shilo, which wasn't muqdash
as a city.

> Therefore I don't think the findings at Shilo can shed any light on the Para
> Aduma site's location.

Accepted.

Micha Berger                 A person must be very patient
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   even with himself.
Author: Widen Your Tent            - attributed to R' Nachman of Breslov
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF