[Avodah] Bonfires

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon May 3 10:16:08 PDT 2021

On Sun, May 02, 2021 at 08:51:06PM +0000, Prof. L. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> https://web.stevens.edu/golem/llevine/rsrh/bonfires_mandel.pdf

> I think you will find this article an interesting read.

Maybe, if we didn't go around this circle EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Derekh Emori is only assur if it serves no other purpose. CS's rejection
of /any/ innovation aside, we permit the Shabbos morning sermon. (And no,
I don't really care whether or not you personally find them meaningful
or tiresome.)

If people find sitting around a bonfire singing together to be inspiring
in their service of the Borei, let them.

Why do you have this need to repeatedly trash paths that are meaningful
to other people? Let them do their thing, and if it doesn't work for you,
go do yours.

Micha Berger                 Today is the 36th day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   5 weeks and 1 day in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Chesed sheb'Yesod: What is the kindness in
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF               being a stable and reliable partner?