[Avodah] Where on the Mount of Olives would the Para Aduma be prepared?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Apr 27 15:43:31 PDT 2021

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 06:00:58PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
>> They found broken plates and kosher animal bones in locations all
>> along the mountainsides that overlook Shilo from the north. One of the
>> indications for the currently theorized location of the Mishkan.

> No Para Aduma was made during the Shilo period.  Moshe's para lasted all the
> way to the first churban.

Yes, the broken keilim are because you couldn't use them after using them
to eat qodshim. My point was that the din of having to do something from
where you can see the miqdash was often the mountainside. Suggesting
this was true in general, suggesting parah adumah may not have been
any different.

Micha Berger                 Today is the 30th day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   4 weeks and 2 days in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Gevurah sheb'Hod: When does capitulation
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                result in holding back from others?