[Avodah] A New Mitzvah at the Seder

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Mar 23 12:17:14 PDT 2021

On 23/3/21 9:58 am, allan.engel--- via Avodah wrote:
> I have often contended that, in the era of the Korban Pesach, an average
> person would not have the expertise or equipment to calculate Chatzos
> Layla, and that therefore the people must have been careful to finish
> eating the Korban early in the night, so as not to transgress the D'oraysa
> (in the same way as we stop eating Chametz long before Chatzos Yom on the
> 14th Nissan).

Not necessarily.  Sinch chatzos is only a geder to prevent it running
past dawn, people may have been generous in calculating it, knowing that
if they ran over it by a little it was no big deal.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy 5781
zev at sero.name       "May this year and its curses end