[Avodah] Reciting Hamotzi at a Simcha

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 5 13:35:55 PST 2021

On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 10:32:58AM -0500, Prof. Levine wrote:
> You missed my point. When you go back to your table, you sit down and make
> the bracha,  and I think that this is the appropriate way to make HaMotzi,
> no matter what you make it on.

And that means an unnecessary pause between washing and eating the bread.
As well as puzzled people upset you didn't answer their greating.

The whole reason why the caterer put cubes of bread at the washing station
to begin with. Just with a nod to the preference to use a whole loaf.

Truth is, I didn't understand the original article's problem. When you
are washing, there is no whole loaf there. I'm not sure the preference
for whole goes as for as even when they aren't at hand.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger                 A cheerful disposition is an inestimable treasure.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   It preserves health, promotes convalescence,
Author: Widen Your Tent      and helps us cope with adversity.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF       - R' SR Hirsch, "From the Wisdom of Mishlei"