[Avodah] Prayers That The Tzibbur Does Not Say

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Mar 15 14:28:05 PDT 2021

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:31:53PM -0500, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> Then the entire crowd unites to daven mincha together. When the shliax
> tzibbur recites Xazaras Hashatz, can he add a tefila for the leader's
> health, either in Refa'einu or in Shema Kolenu? If not, why not?

I thought "kol hameshaneh mimatbeia shetav'u chakhamim eino ela to'eh"
refers to making it a norm.

But the similarly phrased "... bibrakhos, lo yatza yedei chovaso",
about the chasimah or whether it's a berakhah arukhah, is even once.

In personal baqashos... It is one thing to make a tefillah for cholim in
a time of need. But one isn't supposed to be inserting the Yehi Ratzon
into EVERY Refa'einu for months or years on end.

Here, IMHO the justification would be similar to that of adding baqashos
to Sh"E during Aseres Yemei Teshuvah. "Zokhreinu lechaim", "Mi Khamokha",
etc... Not the chasimos, which aren't baqashos but special seasonal
matbeios.

Which the Sha"tz says too.

So, I would think the Chazan could / should say something in Refa'einu.
But my 2 week search for meqoros turned up empty.

Micha Berger                 "I think, therefore I am." - Renne Descartes
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   "I am thought about, therefore I am -
Author: Widen Your Tent      my existence depends upon the thought of a
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    Supreme Being Who thinks me." - R' SR Hirsch