[Avodah] Can a besula become pregnant?

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 05:32:03 PST 2021

I remember once hearing that there's a chazal somewhere, according to which
it is impossible for a besula to become pregnant from her first sexual act.
Is this accurate? If so, can someone point me to that chazal? And if there
*is* such a chazal, does anyone argue on it?

Spoiler alert: The reason I'm asking is that I have found some evidence
(within Chazal) that a besula *can* become pregnant from her first act. But
I don't want to expound on that evidence pointlessly, so I'll come forward
only if there really is such a Chazal.

Thanks in advance.

Akiva Miller