[Avodah] Fwd: length of Persian era

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 21:35:01 PST 2020

I am listening to shiurim (TIM) by Rabbi Leibrag on the days of Ezra .
He points to another reason why the dating of Chazal is not reasonable.
According to
Olam Rabba Ezra comes to EY the year after the second Temple is finished,
Right before we have Zerubavel, Yeshoshia Cohen Gadol, Chagai, Zechariah
and Malachi .
So two or three years later Ezra comes (perhaps Nechamia before) and they
don't seem to have any interaction with all these major leaders.
Furthermore, Ezra is overwhelmed by the mixed marriages we don't seem to
have been an immediate problem even if descendants of Yehoshua Cohen Fadol
did intermarry,

This is in addition to the problems of outside history which seems to match
the names in Ezra and lists of high priests etc.

He gives one reason for ghazal that according to their dating Yetziat
Mizrayim is exactly 1000 years before the Seleucid calendar and so one who
counts in the Greek calendar is also using a Jewish calendar. More reasons
to come in later lectures

--
Eli Turkel