[Avodah] Catholic Judges in Capital Cases

Rich, Joel JRich at Segalco.com
Wed Nov 4 07:17:08 PST 2020

> The whole idea of a separation of religion and state becomes
> impossible. Laws should be moral. Religion (including the various forms
> of atheism as religions for this purpose) provides the framework by
> which an individual decides what is moral. No judge, for that matter no
> legislator or voter, could entirely avoid bringing their religion into
> their politics.
>
> Tir'u baTov!
> -Micha
>
> And if not religion then whatever ethics/morals they’ve developed from whatever source. I’ve listened to a ton of podcasts trying to understand what that source is. As best as I can understand that it’s from the gut with an evolution with similarly believing people. I’m trying to understand why secularists think that their approaches are any better if they think about it cognitively ,not emotionally.
Kt
Joel richTHIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.