[Avodah] What Will be with Simchas Torah?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri Oct 2 07:24:23 PDT 2020

On 2/10/20 4:39 am, Chana Luntz via Avodah wrote:
> But when he said you could take
> the sefer Torah after hakafos, was he suggesting that this was after they
> had been put away in the ark?  Ie were you then taking them out again solely
> for your personal dancing purposes?

No, after each hakafa, when people are just dancing with the sifrei
torah before the next hakafa, I could join in the dancing, and hold a
sefer torah if I liked.  I could only not hold one during the hakafot
themselves.  Or at least that's how I understood it.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy 5781
zev at sero.name       "May this year and its curses end