[Avodah] Barukh Dayan haEmes -- Rav Yehudah Herzl Henkin zt"l

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Dec 24 09:52:09 PST 2020

We must acknowledge the passing of Rav Yehudah Herzl Henkin zt"l, a long
time member of Avodah.

Aside from his more "minor" accomplishments, like building and maintaining
a solid marriage, raising 5 children, widely asked poseiq who published
teshuvos that spanned all four Turim... And holding firm to a well defined
line between what he held was acceptable an unacceptable innovations in
how halakhah is applied to our situation.

I would like to believe that his first stop in the olam ha'emes was like
Rashi's depiction of Yaaqov and Yoseif's happier reunion -- resuming
learning with R Eitam zt"l Hy"d whatever it was they were discussing
when that conversation abruptly ended.

Yehi zikhro barukh!

PS: RYHH was still lurking comparatively recently, sending occasional
comments in private email.

PPS to AhS Yomi learners: The AhS lost one its greatest defenders. RYHH's
favoring the AhS as more authoritative than the MB (following his
grandfather and followed by his son R Eitam) was frequent enough to make
it onto his wikipedia page.

--
Micha Berger                 "Someday I will do it." - is self-deceptive.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   "I want to do it." - is weak.
Author: Widen Your Tent      "I am doing it." - that is the right way.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                 - Reb Menachem Mendel of Kotzk