[Avodah] Le'ilui Nishmas an Infant

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Dec 18 11:44:54 PST 2020

In a couple of hours is my daughter's yahrzeit. So, I thought it would be
an appropriate day to sponsor RYGB's AhS Yomi shiur. I wrote or intended
to write him that the donation was lezeikher nishmas. Lemaaseh on the
dedication RYGB wrote le'ilui nishmas.

I really don't know what le'ilui nishmas means when speaking of a nifteres
who only lived 11 weeks, and therefore didn't become old enough for the
concept of cheit to have meaning.

Would such a neshamah have descended at all, to have a place to rise
back up to?

Of course, if you assume every crib death is a gilgul who had other lives,
the question has an answer. But what if one doesn't believe that? (What
would R Saadia Ga'on say? <grin>)

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger                 You are not a human being in search
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   of a spiritual experience. You are a
Author: Widen Your Tent      spiritual being immersed in a human
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    experience. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin