[Avodah] fear of death

Rich, Joel JRich at Segalco.com
Wed Sep 30 12:02:34 PDT 2020

Sheldon Solomon is a social psychologist at Skidmore College. He earned his B.A. from Franklin and Marshall College and his doctoral degree from the University of Kansas. He is best known for developing terror management theory, along with Jeff Greenberg and Tom Pyszczynski which is concerned with how humans deal with their own sense of mortality
Sheldon Solomon - "I feel like there's a real sense in which doing these studies and writing books and lecturing has been my way of avoiding directly confronting my anxieties by turning it (me - fear of death) into an intellectual exercise" [Me - sounds like it could've been said by R'Chaim]

Is this a common approach in orthodox circles

Gmar tov
Joel rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.