[Avodah] Can One Order a Package Knowing It May Arrive on Shabbos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Sep 4 11:48:52 PDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 08:49:48PM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
>> But if it's next-day delivery and you place the order on Friday (or after
>> hours Thursday) you know you are asking them to do melakhah on Shabbos.

> And if you say I want it by Sunday night and the clerk says OK -that's
> Saturday delivery and you say nothing?

Can it depend on who makes the decision? What if I ask one set of people
to deliver my package, but another set of people make it impossible for
them to get into the warehouse / vehicle on Sunday? And if I could guess
as much that even if they wanted to deliver on Sunday it's not really
in their power to do so?

:-)BBii!