[Avodah] It's not our fault

Rich, Joel JRich at Segalco.com
Sun Aug 23 06:35:32 PDT 2020

> How can the zekeinim have been so sure?
>
> Is it really beyond their imagination that some stranger might have passed through unnoticed?
>
> We're dealing with an unsolved murder. All the mussar I've ever learned points to the proper reaction being along the lines of, "We don't know what happened, but clearly, the system broke down somewhere. This man fell through the cracks, and we must all share the responsibility, and try to improve." How can the Torah tell the leadership to publicly deny responsibility, and literally wash their hands of the incident?
>
> ——————-
I’m not sure these are Mutually exclusive. Perhaps they are saying that the fault is not systemic and of course we have to see where we fell short and try to improve on it
Kt
Joel RichTHIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.