[Avodah] uncovered hair in home in front of relatives.

Chana Luntz Chana at kolsassoon.org.uk
Thu Aug 20 17:56:42 PDT 2020

RMC writes:

<<RCL wrote... Answer: It is permissible to uncover your hair in your own
home in the presence of your father, husband and son.>>

Actually, this wasn't me, this was the yoetzet website you quoted.

<<R moshe as quoted only mentions husband/children.
Where/how do we expand this to her brother?
if it was bc of the simple pshat of the Mishna & gemora in Ketubos, then
everyone should be ok inside (not just brother/family)>>

I assume that the reasoning behind the website's psak is based on with whom
she is allowed to have yichud.  Rav Moshe also doesn't specifically mention
father, and yet the logic of the website including father as automatically
on the same page as husband and children would seem to be driven by the
unity of halacha regarding yichud.  The yichud status of brothers is a bit
more complex, as a certain level of yichud is allowed, but not completely,
and hence they would seem the logical extension to question, and one could
understand a view that, to the extent yichud is allowed, so should this be.

>Mc

Regards

Chana