[Avodah] Induction stovetop halachic status

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Jul 2 08:08:02 PDT 2020

On 2/7/20 6:43 am, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:

> I don't think this is what the Ramo means. The context is that smoking
> and pickling are not considered BA, and I think when he says "bishul
> shel esh" it includes any form of cooking by heat. Otherwise cooking
> with an electric hob or deep-fryer wouldn't be BA either.

Glowing hot metal is included in "fire".  Here there is no fire at all.
The pot simply gets hot of its own accord, just as in a microwave the
food gets hot of its own accord.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy summer
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper