[Avodah] Just walk away

Rich, Joel JRich at Segalco.com
Thu Jun 18 06:33:38 PDT 2020

> In the given situation we obviously don't know what he wants; if we did,
> we'd simply follow it. So the bystander has two choices: assume he wants
> you to stay which will result in his death or assume he wants you to leave
> which will result in his living. You may want to, and may have the right,
> to give up your life in such a situation. I don't think you have the
> right to give up someone else's life
This really raises the other question I was thinking about, whose  is final decision is it?  For example If you want to a poseik What would he say?  I also wonder if this is not related to the debate between the Rambam and baalei tosfot as to whether one can voluntarily give up his life when it’s not demanded
Kt
Joel RichTHIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.