[Avodah] Street Minyanim/sh'as hadchak

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed May 20 07:17:05 PDT 2020

I would argue that in all those cases, the fact that we can rely on an
opinion in an emergency means that we *really* hold that the halacha
permits this, but since there is so much opposition to it we may not
rely on it in normal circumstances.  If it is at all possible we should
do better than that, and satisfy more opinions.  Only when we have no
other choice will we fall back on the basic halacha.

Again, this appears to me to be  merely a question of terminology; what
do we mean by the term "ikar hadin".  I'm using it one way, you're using
it another way, so we appear to disagree when in fact we're using
different words for the same thing.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy summer
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper