[Avodah] Simchas Torah, post-covid19

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun May 17 12:32:06 PDT 2020

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:45:50AM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> Here's another question: The indvidual obligation of Shmo"s is "lehashlim
> parshiyosav *im hatzibur*.  If the tzibur is not reading the parsha, does
> the individual obligation still apply?

Define "tzibbur". The local miyan (or the local minyan he usually
attends)? Or the community of all minyanim that follow the same minhag
of sedros.

Can we prove whether or not the nursing homes, hospitals, army bases,
etc... all the minyanim that have no motive to halt during a pandemic, are
enough to carry kelal Yisrael forward for shenamyim miqra ve'echad targum?

(Note, I learned about "shemo"s" as an acronym for shenayim miqra from
a chassidishe rebbe in Jr High. Personally, I have only encountered that
acronymn inside the chassidish veldt.)

Micha Berger                 Today is the 38th day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   5 weeks and 3 days in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Tifferes sheb'Yesod: How does reliability
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF         promote harmony in life and relationships?