[Avodah] Pesach Sheni - Korban Pesach, Tachanun, and Matzah

Danny Schoemann doniels at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:08:08 PDT 2020

Just to add more sources regarding Tachanun on PS - Pessach Sheni.

The Tokochinsky Luach says "No Tachanun" on 14 Iyar, but to yes say
Zidkoscho the day before. (I only have an old  Luach, and PS fell on
Sunday that year.)

The "fat" Luach Dvar B'Itoh says - in summary - i.e. not quoting:

- PS is mention in Megilas Ta'anis as a day of Simcha K'lali (?),
eulogies and fasting are forbidden.

- Meg. Ta'anis was "canceled", seemingly explaining why PS is omitted
(in the early classical Pokim) as a non-Tachanun day.

- Pri Megodim explicitly says "Yes to say Tachanun" and supposedly the
Chazon Ish agreed and is implied from the (silence of the) Tur, SA,
Remo and others.

However, Sefardi poskim and most Ashkenazi Poskim say "no Tachanun".
(Seemingly referring to modern-day poskim, it seems, but he doesn't
elaborate.)

He ends off with "those congregations who say Tachanun at Shachris,
omit it at Mincha, except for (those who follow) the Shitta of the
Chazon Ish.

Interesting how this day becomes "happier" as we move closer to
rebuilding the Beth Hamikdash.

Kol Tuv,

- Danny