[Avodah] Sridei Eish (R’YY Weinberg) on synthesis

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 7 14:33:30 PDT 2020

On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 06:09:38AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
> The Sridei Eish (R'YY Weinberg) on synthesis
>     It is impermissible that this synthesis should be confined in
>     narrow and minuscule borders...

I like his description of TiDE, which I've posted here in the distant
past.

        The Torah, according to Rav Hirsch, is the force that gives
        form. Form, to Aristotle's thought, means a thing's essential
        nature in distinction to the substance from which it is
        embodied. Derekh Eretz is merely the matter on which Torah works.
                - Essay in "Shimshon Rephael Hirsch: Mishnaso Vishitaso"

Very much a synthesis.

My context back in 2008 was about RSRH's synthesis in contrast to
RYBS's ongoing dialectic.
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol25/v25n152.shtml#08

Micha Berger                 Today is the 28th day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   4 weeks in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Malchus sheb'Netzach: What role does
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    domination or taking control play in building brotherhood?