[Avodah] How To Religiously Respond to the Pandemic

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Mon Apr 27 18:24:22 PDT 2020

I very much appreciated what R' Micha wrote about religiously responding
to the pandemic. But one of his comments, while also speaking to me,
should have gone one step farther.

"As for my own experience, one of the things the whole situation drove
home was how one person infects two or three, and they, 6 or 7... So to me
the realization of social interaction, rechilus, or just plain spreading
negativity, was driven home more than feelings of loss of control."

Very true of course. But it works with doing good as well. We can, though
our social interactions, also infect 2 or 3 or 6 or 7 with deeds of chesed
and kindness and thoughtfulness and Torah learning and friendship. It's
all up to us.

Joseph