[Avodah] Report: Orthodox Weddings to Resume with 'Approved Model'

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 27 14:07:18 PDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 08:13:40PM +0100, Chana Luntz wrote:
>> So, I take Chazal (and the Rambam) as demanding we take lessons from
>> what happens to us. Whether or not we find THE cause. What did the
>> pandemic and current lifestyle bring up for you?>>

> That also makes sense to me.

>> The thing you are
>>     already motivated about is the ideal thing to be working on.>>

> I wonder about that though.  A plague seems a bit extreme as something
> merely to give you a push along the lines that you were already working.

That's because it didn't come out right. I was thinking of "already" in
terms of before you formally ask "What does Hashem want of me from all
this?"

To phrase more clearly (I hope): The thing that naturally comes up for
you from the experience is the ideal thing to be working on.

Hunting for something to work on should be focused on becoming more
self-aware about what thoughts and emotions are already brought up by
the pandemic before the hunt.

Which will tend toward the correlation you quote from R Leuchter:

> " In this, too, we find a correlation between the physical and the spiritual
> aspects of a plague. On the physical level, the fear of plague-certainly
> that we are currently facing-is not necessarily a fear of personal infection
> and illness....

And thank you for bringing his words to my attention. To repeat the
URL for others:
> https://iyun.org.il/en/article/coronavirus-the-charedi-response/covid-19-a-view-from-above

Micha Berger                 Today is the 18th day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   2 weeks and 4 days in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Netzach sheb'Tifferes: What is imposing about
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                           balance?