[Avodah] : Yehareig?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Jun 18 03:43:08 PDT 2020

On 18/6/20 12:56 am, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
> If  a ben noach (noahide) Is being forced to abrogate one of their 7
> mitzvot, does He have a requirement To give up his life rather than
> abrogate?  Assumedly he is not directly covered by vchay bahem (you
> shall live in them). If in general he doesn’t have to give up his
> life what about for murder whose exception for Jews is based on a
> logical inference
Bnei Noach are not commanded in kiddush haShem.  We learn this from an
explicit pasuk in Melachim, where Elisha gave Naaman permission to serve
whenever he accompanied the king to the temple and had no choice but to
join in his worship.

I have never seen it stated that this does not apply to murder, so I
assume it does apply, though your argument against it seems sound. By
way of comparison, the Common Law recognises necessity as a defence to
any crime except murder, for the same reason that the halacha makes this
exception.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy summer
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper