[Avodah] Gloves at the seder

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Mar 25 14:40:33 PDT 2020

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:18:33AM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> Or maybe the bracha is more important, and should not be dismissed so
> quickly. If so, he should make sure to eat some matza at some point
> *without* the gloves, to justify the Al Netilas Yadayim...

I think it's more difficult than that.

He would have to take off the gloves before Rachtzah and have them of
long enough to necessitate a 2nd netilas yadayim. If his hands are
definitely still tahor from the first washing, how could he make a
berakhah on the 2nd?

See AhS OC 158:13
<https://www.sefaria.org/Arukh_HaShulchan%2C_Orach_Chaim.158.13>,
where RYME writes that this question relies on whether we say netilas
yadayim requires kavanah (see 159), the SA and Rama hold it does not,
and therefore no berakhah. And even if the question were still open --
safeiq berakhos lehaqeil anyway.

Micha Berger                 Education is not the filling of a bucket,
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   but the lighting of a fire.
Author: Widen Your Tent                   - W.B. Yeats
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF