[Avodah] 4 amos and Epidimeology

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 19 07:10:49 PDT 2020

Is it "coincidence" or do you think it's common cause:

The recommended distance to be sure we don't breathe on each other is
given as 6 feet or 2 m, depending on what the masses being recommended
to think in.

Which "just happens to be" just around the 4 amos radius used to define
a person's space for the sake of davening or acquisitions.

(As an ammah is defined by to the Rambam, R Chaim Naeh, and the plaque
on the wall found at Chizqiyahu's water tunnel. Not the CI. Would tzadiq
gozer veE' meqayeim mean that people need to be be staying farther apart
in Bnei Braq to be safe?)

Micha Berger                 "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
http://www.aishdas.org/asp    'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
Author: Widen Your Tent       'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                   - Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l