[Avodah] Haneitz?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Feb 26 07:10:59 PST 2020

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 7:50am EST, R Akiva Miller wrote:
> R' Micha Berger wrote:
>> So haneitz is zerizim maqdimin to be yotzei lekhat-chila.

> The importance of saying Shacharis at Haneitz is much more than simply
> z'rizin makdimin...

Which is why my post continued.

As I noted, the Rambam says it's the sole right time, and everything else
is inferior.

Why would he say that?  Likely the pasuq the machaber quotes:
> Mechaber 89:1 -- "The time for Tefilas Hashachar: Its mitzva is that one
> should begin with Haneitz Hachama, as it is written, Yira'ucha Im Shamesh."

And so, I concluded that the main reason is being chosheish for the Rambam's
reasoning.

But even if your confidence in halachic process is such that you don't
need to go beyond the Tur's shitah and minhag yisrael, there is still
zerizim maqdimin.

But there is more! Because doing anything before minyan is lesse Majeste
or borders on it. (Thus we don't eat before davening, uless needed for
davening, we don't go in order to greet people...) So, there is more
drive for "as early as possible" than most mitzvos.

And I think that is why:
> Unfortunately, I was unable to find any mention of this in the poskim,
> other than a reference to the writings of Rav Kook at Arutz Sheva
> (<http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/24777>) which says:
> "The best time for the Shacharit prayer is the first opportunity of the day
> to pray -- "with sunrise."...

I have heard Breslover speakers argue similarly.

Kevasiqin is for OT1H chassidim and other benei aliyah who want to follow
the beautiful idea in the pasuq in Tehillim, and OTOH for Briskers and
the sort who are regularly chosheshim for rejected shitos. But never
caught on among those in the middle.

(It is also more common among actual vasiqin, as waking up enough before
haneitz to catch a minyan kevasiqin is frustratingly common among the more
"ancient" among us. That's when my father amu"sh started.)

Micha Berger                 "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
http://www.aishdas.org/asp    'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
Author: Widen Your Tent       'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
-- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF -- Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l