[Avodah] donkeys by Yoseif and his brothers

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Feb 24 12:53:40 PST 2020

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 06:25:46AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
> Later heard R' M Taragin mention that R' Amital elsewhere looked at
: chamor and saw chomer(material world)

The Gra says a man riding a chamor is used as a symbol to show that they
are in charge of their chomer side.

Whereas Bil'am rode an ason. (I don't recall if the Gra gives "ason"
symbolic meaning, or if the point that is wasn't chamor=chomer. Me,
I would take the "ason" to be "ito" as opposed to subjugated to his will.)

Micha Berger                 Strength does not come from winning. Your
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   struggles develop your strength When you go
Author: Widen Your Tent      through hardship and decide not to surrender,
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    that is strength.        - Arnold Schwarzenegger