[Avodah] More on OU DE

Rich, Joel JRich at Segalco.com
Wed Feb 5 18:59:15 PST 2020

Let me point out that one must look very carefully at a loaf of Arnold bread to see if it actually has OU supervision (Some Arnold bread does not have OU supervision.), and if it does,  one has to look very carefully to see if after the OU there is a DE  or Pareve. It seems to me that some people may end up making a cold cut sandwich with OU DE bread.
-/——————————
Some context is important. As I understand it for many years the OU Used the DE designation and then changed policy because they thought it was too confusing. This led to a time Where they fielded many questions (maybe unofficially? )about what the D really meant and many people used products as if they were DE. Now apparently they’ve gone back to issuing the DE. I think a consumer awareness campaign would be worthwhile I personally prefer having the DE designation available so that people don’t just decide on their own based on the ingredients.

Kt
Joel rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.