[Avodah] truth priority

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jan 28 13:53:07 PST 2020

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 04:13:09AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
> A High School student causes a teacher to be fired with false testimony
> that only his parent can refute. The parent either (a) remains silent or
> (b)lies to protect the child or (c) tells the truth
> 2. What would a poseik say halacha requires or suggests?

Is it relevant that beis din wouldn't ask a qarov to testify, andif
they did, the testimony is void?

Li nir'eh:

We try to avoid putting parents in this moral dilemma.

And, when someone stuck in it does speak up, we do not assume we know
their psychology in that moment well enough to accept their eidus.

Micha Berger                 We look forward to the time
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   when the power to love
Author: Widen Your Tent      will replace the love of power.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF              - William Ewart Gladstone