[Avodah] thanksgiving

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Tue Dec 17 22:27:57 PST 2019

My response to a Thanksgiving post a bit back:

1. the opposition IMHO in the orthodox community is meta-hashkafic not
micro-halachic (in perhaps a positive way)-how much ger and how much
toshav?(mother's day? Veterans day?)

2.The treatment we've gotten (BTW it wasn't always so great but as
Churchill (or Abba Eban)said : The Americans will always do the right
thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives.) is a secondary
effect of this being a medina shel chesed. We need to be thankful to HKB"H
for putting this less than perfect country in the historical position
of being a powerful force for good (and especially now work to keep it
as such)

KT from a dual citizen
Joel Rich