[Avodah] Why is it permitted to dance and clap on Simchas Torah,

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 10 13:41:35 PDT 2019

At 04:18 PM 10/10/2019, you wrote:
>Which means you're okay with banning ST celebrations in Israel?

If I were in EY on SA I would not dance.  (Truth of the matter is
that I do not dance on ST anymore,  given my broken Patella.)

It does seem strange to me to have Yizkor and dancing on the same day.

If you read Ya'ari's sefer you will see that the ARI  danced on
Motzoei SA and not on SA itself. He did not dance on SA itself in
EY.  However,  in a sefer that describes him dancing  it says
mistakenly that he danced and encouraged others to do the same on the
night of SA.  This is not true.

I note that in EY there are big celebrations on the night after SA
with music to accompany the dancing with the Torah.

YL